Extruder Screen Packs
Extruder screens are key to melt filtration, extrusion and spinning processes that enable high quality finished products. With over 50 years of experience in designing and manufacturing extrusion and spin pack filters, we are able to provide a diverse selection of filter packs engineered to customer specified application requirements.
- Synthetic fibers
- Yarn spinning and BCF
- Blown film
- Recycling and virgin plastics
AIP, is your one stop solution from Melt to Finished product, supporting equipment outfitted with slide plate, piston and rotary screen changers
Welded Extruder Screen Packs: Multiple filtration medias spot welded together that provide many advantages such as:
- High dirt holding capacity
- Increased strength and rigidity
- Enables high process and product quality, maintaining filtration requirements and eliminating operator error
Framed Extruder Screen Packs: Multiple filtration medias assembled with a frame that provide the benefits of welded screen packs PLUS:
- Prevents particles from entering around the edges of the breaker plate
- Achieves finer filtrations and suitable for breaking gels from polymer blends
- Stable flow distribution
Media materials: Non-woven felts, sintered metals, photo-etched and wire cloth/mesh in copper, Monel, brass, carbon and stainless steel.
Non-woven felts and wire cloths can be pleated to increase the filtration area and pack life.
Frame materials: Aluminum, anodized aluminum, copper, plated copper, brass and stainless steel.
Shapes: Both, welded screen packs and framed packs can be produced in different shapes which include, round, donuts, rectangular and oval.